Maths B Modelling & Problem Solving
Product Code: 978-1-876580-45-2
Each of these three titles for Maths A, Maths B and Maths C, provides a comprehensive range of questions for each topic, with an emphasis on modelling and problem solving. They are particularly valuable for Queensland senior maths students.
For each topic there are
- fully worked solutions for each questions
- formula test for each topic
- general strategies for approaching questions on the topic
- student record sheet, to record progress
- tips for helping to solve questions
In addition there is a complete practice paper, using the format and layout of a senior maths examination, with annotations to show students how to approach the paper.
The result is a book that allows students to experience the complete range of the types of questions asked and which they can use:
- in Year 11 and Year 12, while studying the topic in class
- before examination and assessment for revision and final study
- to concentrate on and improve in weaker topics
Julie Quinn is Curriculum Director at St Joseph's College Brisbane. Owain Rowland-Jones is an experienced senior maths teacher, formerly teaching at Scots College.
Modelling and Problem Solving Maths B Contents
To the student
Using a topic approach
Steps to success
Techniques for answering questions
Sample exam paper, with annotations
Solutions to sample exam paper
Rates of change
Periodic functions & applications, and trigonometry
Exponential & logarithmic functions, and applications.
Optimisation using derivatives
Applied statistical analysis